Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New School - Sikeud Center

A couple of weeks a go I was invited by a Lao student/friend to help out at the school where he works. So when I wasn't teaching with GVI I helped Anusone with his class the at the Sikeud Vocational Training Center - one of the few schools I've seen that's wheelchair accessible.

As a volunteer with just a little teaching experience I work alongside the Lao teacher in the classroom sharing the teaching exercises. Its a little like tag team teaching. Anusone said they like having English speaking volunteers because it makes their classes more popular.


Last week Trisha, our esteemed program manager, came for a visit and taught part of a class. She liked what she saw and decided to support some of the classes with GVI volunteers.

- Ron

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: